Tuesday, March 25, 2008

few pics from the trip

Alright folks, I am uploading 5 best pix from the trip on to net. Feel free to rate them on a scale of five.



1) Buddha at Saranath Sthupa (10km Varanasi). This is located in a beautiful hall built with a collabaration of 10 buddhist nations. The hall is decorated with the interpretation of buddha's life by a Japanese artist. There was an absolutely beautiful painting of Angulimal coming face to face with Buddha. Sadly, I could nt capture it well on picture.



2) Sun rise in Benarus is absolutely beautiful. You get to stand on west side of Ganga river and wait for Sun to arrive. Beauty of sunrise made someone like me wake up at 5AM everyday and rush to bathing ghats. I have so many pics of it that, I could nt judge which one to put there.



3) Kaushik ~ Kashi. My cousin. That he is a good sport is obvious from the blog. To have him on the trip was an absolute joy. He was standing 30 feet away from me, in front of Madan Malviya statue in Benarus Hindu University, a bit tired after spending a long day in the sun.



4) Bibi Ka Maqbara An imitation of Taj Mahal built by Aurangzeb's son Azam Shah in memory his mother. While Taj Mahal is built with Marbles, this one is built from grind sea shells except for dome (which was built with white marble). This picture is a reflection of BKM in water rotated by 180 degrees.



5) Chand Minar A mute witness of history seen from the dilapidated walls of daulatabad fort. Daulatabad was the capital of India for a brief period of time.

There is one last pic that I want to put here. Let me introduce you to my grandpa. Eighty-five years young. Active, Witty, Fun to hang out with and very independent. This picture was taken before sunrise when he offered a diya to Ganga mai and was performing morning pujas.



Ciao folks, I am going to sign off now. You have a great day.

-v

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really gereat pics.5 out of 5.got the feeling to come back.Will be there soon to meet you all.

pg said...

good pics thammi. sunrise was beautiful. wouldn't rate the rest..;-).

Anonymous said...

Madhav said:
I too agree with sunrise pic is the best. did any one noticed the feeling of kashi in his eyes